How do I find the venue?
- All classes and parties are held att the fantastic Forum, the venue of West Coast Jitterbugs in Gothenburg. The venue is located at Doktor Fries Torg in Gothenburg, a public square built in the 1950s.
- Public transport: Take tram nr 10 (towards Doktor Sydows Gata) and get of att Doktor Fries Torg. Plan your trip at vasttrafik.se.
What shoes do I need?
- Tap shoes are not required for beginner level, but the sound makes it fun! If you use regular shoes, choose a pair with a hard sole, rather than a rubber sole. The rubber sole sticks to the floor and makes it very hard to tap.
- Since it’s a dance venue, out doors shoes are not allowed indoors. Please bring indoor shoes since the floor is cold without shoes.
Where can I get lunch?
- Close to our venue you find a super market, sushi place and a pizzeria that offers vegan options.
- At Forum you find plates, cutlery, glasses and a few microwave ovens available for heating food that you bring with you.
Should I bring a warm sweater & indoor shoes?
- Yes! Our venue is made for sweaty dancers, hence it has a very efficient ventilation system. Or buy our new GBG Tap Weekend sweater 😉
Will there be jams in the evenings?
- Yes! And on Saturday night we have a Live Band Jam!
Can I dance lindy hop at the parties?
- Yes! DJ:s play swing music Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. But tap dance is the focus of the weekend so be prepared to share dance floor with tap jam circles.
- Saturday night, the Live Band Jam and Show is the main focus. We will have a sitting audience to the jam and show, but there will also be floor space so you can dance to the jam band and also to DJ music before and after.